The three fundamental energies that are housed in all living beings are call Jing, Qi, and Shen.
The integration of these three energies constitutes our very existence and they are considered to be treasures that should be protected, nourished, and balanced.
When they are sufficiently preserved and cultivated, health and longevity of the body, mind, and spirit are achieved.
Keeping them abundant should be the goal of every person. To neglect them is to neglect life itself.
Essence (Jing), “the giver of life,” is the First Treasure.
- The foundation of our existence. It is the root energy of the body that is responsible for procreation, physical energy, sexual energy, creativity, longevity, and youthfulness.
- The concentrated, refined, and regenerative energy that we receive at our conception that is meant to last us our entire lives.
- To preserve Essence (Jing), the Taoists avoided extremes and sought to maintain balance in their lives and activities.
Find Jing Herbs Restore the Jing here.
Energy (Qi), “the breathe of life,” is the second Treasure.
- While Essence (Jing) is our deep reserve, Energy (Qi) is our day to day vitality.
- It is the energy we derive from the air we breathe and foods we eat.
- It is also our actual breathing. The deeper and more regulated our breathing, the healthier we become as blood and energy are more efficiently and deeply circulated to every cell of the body leaving them more nourished and vitalized.
Find Jing Herbs Activate the Qi here
Spirit (Shen), “the light of life,” is the third Treasure.
- It is our mental, emotional, and spiritual well being as well as our connection to our higher self and the Divine.
- Spirit (Shen) is housed in the Heart and provides us with feelings of peace, calm, and serenity. It gives us proper perspective on our life and our place in the universe.
- When the Spirit (Shen) is strong, attachment to the mundane dissipates and we become more childlike, awakened, and at ease in the world around us. We become compassionate for and caring of others.
Find Jing Herbs Awaken the Shen here.
About Dr. George
With a Doctor of Acupuncture and Oriental degree in Traditional Chinese Medicine and acupuncture from the prestigious Yo San University and an extensive background in clinical and tonic herbalism, Dr. George Lamoureux is considered one of the world’s top authorities of Taoist tonic herbalism, health, longevity, and nutrition.
He has over 25 years of experience dedicated to the principles of protecting, nourishing, and balancing Essence, Energy, and Spirit for thousands of clients who have sought his expertise.
Find our extensive range of Jing Herbs products here.
Not sure whether it's Jing, Qi or Shen that you need most support with? Pick a packet and work through it and just notice what effects it has. Or book a consult with Kate who can advise the right herbal and supplement programme for you.