Enjoy FREE Next Day delivery on orders over £99 (Mainland UK - Weekdays only)
This information applies to customers who are within the European Union only. Customers outside the EU (including UK customers) are unaffected by Brexit and may continue ordering as before.
Legislation changes all the time, and we will endeavour to keep you updated with changes as and when they occur. These are the new regulations in place since Jan 1st 2021, that will affect you as an EU customer:1. You should expect to pay import VAT and a handling fee when your parcel arrives in your country. This is because VAT is no longer payable to us in the UK, meaning the products that you order which attract VAT will appear without the UK’s 20% VAT at the checkout. This is done automatically for you by software that recognises where the delivery address is and removes VAT for you. However, what this also means is that you are now supposed to pay the appropriate VAT rate in your own country upon receipt. Once your parcel has cleared customs, your delivery agent will contact you to collect the VAT and also a processing fee. We recommend installing your postal service’s app, if they have one, as this makes tracking and paying fees easier and faster. We welcome your feedback on how this process works for you, as it will vary a lot from country to country.
2. We strongly recommend keeping your orders under €150/ £127, as above this you will be charged ‘third country duties’ in addition to import VAT and a handling fee. If you want to order more than that at one time, please split your order into several smaller orders that remain under the €150 threshold.
3. Maximum order weight is 25kg. If you see a message saying that some of the items in your basket cannot be sent to your country, you are over the weight limit. Remove some items to continue (Heavier orders will need to be placed as more than one order).
3. Feedback from customers tells us that parcels are taking a lot longer to get through. Whereas previously, we prided ourselves on our speedy 2–3-day delivery service to Europe, now it seems parcels are taking more like 1-3 weeks, due to the new customs procedures at the borders. We hope that this will adjust with time. We still always aim to get your order out within 1 working day of receiving it. But please allow longer for transit times.
4. If for whatever reason, you decide you do not want to pay the fees on receipt, the parcel will be returned to us. In that case, we will refund you for the cost of the goods only, not the shipping costs, and less any return fees that have been charged to us.
5. Honey counts as a product of animal origin and so is treated differently by most EU countries. We can ship up to 2kg honey to these countries only: Finland, Denmark and Iceland. If you are not in one of those countries, and you would like to order some honey, please contact us and we can confirm the regulations for your country. Other bee products e.g., pollen, bee bread, propolis, are also affected: please check before ordering.
We are doing our best to simplify what is a complicated and confusing situation. We would love to continue serving all our wonderful European customers, and welcome your feedback on how the delivery process is for you, and if there is anything more that is within our capabilities to do to make it smoother.