As well as our partnership with Trees For Life, we also support charity: water with a monthly donation. We are passionate about hydration and believe this charity is doing amazing work. You can find out more about them by watching the video below.
charity: water is a non-profit organisation bringing clean and safe drinking water to people in developing countries. Since 2006, charity: water supporters have funded 91,414 water projects that will bring clean water to more than 14,762,215 million people in 29 countries.
Shockingly, 771 million people in the world live without clean water.That’s nearly 1 in 10 people worldwide or ten times the population of the UK. The majority live in isolated rural areas and spend hours every day walking to collect water for their family. Not only does walking for water keep children out of school or take up time that parents could be using to earn money, but the water often carries diseases that can make everyone sick. But access to clean water means education, income and health - especially for women and children.
Clean water changes everything.
- Diseases from dirty water kill more people every year than all forms of violence, including war. 43% of those deaths are children under five years old. Access to clean water and basic sanitation can save around 16,000 lives every week.
- In Africa alone, women spend 40 billion hours a year walking for water. Access to clean water gives communities more time to grow food, earn an income, and go to school -- all of which fight poverty.
- Clean water helps keep kids in school, especially girls. Less time collecting water means more time in class. Clean water and proper toilets at school means teenage girls don’t have to stay home for a week out of every month.
- Women are responsible for 72% of the water collected in Sub-Saharan Africa. When a community gets water, women and girls get their lives back. They start businesses, improve their homes, and take charge of their own futures.
- They track every penny we raise and show the projects we helped fund with photos and GPS coordinates.
- They’ve consistently received the highest grades available for accountability and transparency.
- Generous philanthropists and Gift Aid cover their operating costs so 100% of our money can fund water projects.
charity: water work with local experts and community members to find the best sustainable solution in each place where they work, whether it’s a well, a piped system, a BioSand Filter, or a system for harvesting rainwater. And with every water point they fund, their partners coordinate sanitation and hygiene training, and establish a local Water Committee to help keep water flowing for years to come.